Sunday, February 25, 2007

ICT4D: Feb 20-23, 2007

Returning to blogger after a long time, during which a lot has changed, and a lot hasn't. This post is essentially a placeholder for a photo-journal of my participation at the Pan-Asia Information Communications Technology Forum at Singapore earlier this month. The forum brought together practitioners of ICT for Development (ICT4D) from twelve Asia-Pacific countries.


Professors from the IITs rubbed shoulders with NGO social entrepreneurs from Mongolia and the Solomon Islands. A Microsoft representative had to reckon with Philipino activists promoting open source and inter-operable software, and t-shirts that proclaimed "No Windows, No Gates: No Bill, it's Free". Projects were diverse: an epidemic surveillance system for Dengue fever in Indonesia, a portal for homemakers in Malaysia, an Urdu font development project from Pakistan, a mountain GIS from Nepal... the list ran into about 60 projects, each more inspiring than the other.

Also got to meet new people, forge what we hope will be long-term partnerships, and make new friends.

My pic album is here, and pro Suchit Nanda has a selection here. An annotated selection will soon replace this placeholder.

2 Comments:

Blogger Quintessential Critic (Sudhir Narayana) said...

At last I READ your post and learn (a little more) about your Singapore trip.

I really loved the words on the t-shirt! May be I should get one for myself too!

It'll take eons for me to see the pics (may be I'll wait until I'm in India to watch all the pictures you've loaded on to your blog)!!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Wild Reeds said...

Cool!
Congrats

6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home